Remember techstat.us when you want to come back!
Last Updated: December 2, 2020
This Policy generally applies to the information that TechStat processes. However, this Policy is subordinate to any specific terms and conditions set forth in any contract for services or other agreement you may have with TechStat relating to a service or data.
Further, this Policy applies only to information TechStat processes. This Policy does not apply to information collected by TechStat’s sellers, buyers, vendors, service providers, or business partners, each of which may have their own privacy policies that apply to you . For example, TechStat may maintain a presence on various social networking sites or services, such as Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, or others. The information you post or provide through such sites and services is subject to the policies of the applicable site or service.
This Policy applies to our website, interfaces, software, and mobile apps for iPhone and Android mobile devices (collectively, “our Service”). By accessing or using our Service, you signify that you have read, understood, and agree to our collection, storage, use, and disclosure of your Personal Information as described in this Policy.
“You” or “your” means a user of the Service, which could refer to an individual, an employer, an employee associated with an employer account, or any other authorized user of the Service.
1. What information does TechStat collect?
TechStat generally collects what can be described as Personal Information and Non-Personal Information. We collect this information when you provide it to us and when you purchase our Service.
“Personal Information” is information that can be used to identify, locate, or contact you, a natural person, as well as any other information about you that we may connect with Personal Information. For example, Personal Information that we collect includes:
- Contact information such as your name, email address, phone number, physical address, username, and password; and
- Transactional information such as purchases, services requested, customer service inquiries, session data, customer account activity, and other customer account information.
“Non-Personal Information,” on the other hand, is information that does not identify you as a natural person and is not identifiable to you as a natural person. For example, Non-Personal Information that we collect includes:
- Information we anonymize by rendering it unidentifiable to a natural person; and
- The name, form, contact details, relationship information, transaction history, or financial information of legal persons.
2. Why does TechStat collect this information?
TechStat collects and processes Personal Information for a variety of purposes depending on the information being processed. TechStat processes Personal Information to perform under its contractual obligations to you, providing its services and overseeing the provision of the Service you have purchased and processing information as may be necessary to support you in such transactions. TechStat also processes Personal Information given its legitimate interest in improving its services and enhancing customer experience. Finally, TechStat may process Personal Information as may be necessary to comply with a legal obligation.
To summarize, TechStat processes Personal Information for the following purposes:
- To oversee and complete transactions with TechStat customers;
- To prepare, deliver, maintain, or otherwise provide TechStat’s Service;
- To support TechStat’s Service;
- To provide you with customer service by resolving disputes, addressing complaints, and troubleshooting any technical problems encountered;
- To measure and understand the effectiveness of TechStat’s Service; and
- To comply with applicable laws and regulations.
If we would like to process your Personal Information for any other purpose, we will disclose this to you at the time it is collected and may request your express consent.
With respect to Non-Personal Information, because this information does not identify a natural person, TechStat may use and process it for any purpose. TechStat expressly reserves the right to use anonymized or aggregated information to improve or develop its Service, create and publish reports, conduct statistical analyses about customer interest, monitor industry trends, and otherwise engage in activities that do not result in the disclosure of identifiable information.
To be clear, TechStat is committed to respecting its customers’ privacy and will only process your Personal Information for the reasons disclosed herein or as requested at the time of collection, and then only in the context of your customer relationship with TechStat. TechStat will not sell, rent, or lease your Personal Information to others .
3. Will TechStat share this information with third parties?
To provide certain services, TechStat may have to share information with third parties who use our Service or provide goods or services to us, such as our customers, service providers, vendors, or operators of software used in our services.
We will ensure that any third party whom we engage to process your Personal Information on our behalf as the controller of that information will only have access necessary to perform specific, designated tasks on our behalf, will only use the information for this purpose, and will protect your Personal Information to at least the same extent that we do. Please note, however, that this Policy applies only to information that we process and share with others - it does not apply to Personal Information that you share with third parties .
TechStat may also share information to comply with our legal obligations, such as responding to lawful requests from government or judicial entities. In the event we are asked to disclose your Personal Information, we will attempt to validate the request and inform you of it prior to disclosure.
Finally, TechStat may disclose Personal Information where needed as part of a sale or transfer of our assets, enforce our rights, protect our property, or protect the rights, property, or safety of others, or as is needed to support external auditing, compliance, and governance functions.
If TechStat needs to share your Personal Information for a purpose not identified here, we will obtain your consent before doing so and will disclose this purpose at the time of obtaining your consent.
4. How long will TechStat keep my information?
TechStat keeps different kinds of information for different lengths of time depending on the purpose for which it is processing the information and depending upon your specific situation. In any event, TechStat will retain your Personal Information as long as necessary to accomplish the relevant purpose, but no longer.
5. How does TechStat keep my information secure?
Taking into account the nature of the information gathered, TechStat maintains administrative, technical, and physical controls that are designed to safeguard Personal Information.
6. What are my choices with respect to my information?
Your first choice is always to limit the information you provide. TechStat complies with applicable law regarding your ability to access, correct, and delete your identifiable information. If you have an online account, you may be able to log into your account to access and update certain information provided. For identifiable information that is not linked to an online account, please contact us directly.
TechStat does not intend to collect Personal Information from children aged 16 and under. If you believe a child is providing us Personal Information, please contact us directly so we may investigate and delete it.
For assistance with exercising your choices, or if you have any questions about your choices, please contact us.
7. For EU residents:
The General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), particularly Articles 15 to 21, affords you a number of rights as a data subject. We encourage you to read and learn about those rights on your own, but the following will help you to begin to understand those rights.
- Access: This allows you to request from us information about your Personal Information, including what data we have and how and why it is being processed.
- Rectification: In the event that some or all of the Personal Information that we have concerning you is inaccurate, this gives you the right to have those inaccuracies rectified.
- Erasure: In some cases, you may have the right to request that we erase your Personal Information in our possession.
- Restriction of Processing: This gives you the right, in some circumstances, to have us process your Personal Information only with your consent.
- Objection to Processing : Where we are processing your Personal Information on the grounds of its legitimate interests, or to carry out tasks in the public interest or to exercise official authority, you have a right to object to the processing on grounds relating to your particular situation. In cases where you object to our processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes, the processing will cease.
- Data Portability: This allows you to request a copy of your Personal Information that TechStat has on file and to transfer that information to someone else without any interference from us. In some cases, you may be able to request that we transfer your personal information directly to a third party on your behalf.
In addition, to the extent that we process any of your Personal Information on the basis of your consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing that was based on your consent before its withdrawal.
If you are a natural person residing in the EU and at any time you believe we have violated one of your rights listed above, or if you believe we are in violation of one or more of the provisions of the GDPR, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a Data Protection Authority. More information about the Data Protection Authorities can be found at https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/reform/what-are-data-protection-authorities-dpas_en.
8. For California residents:
This notice does not apply to employment-related personal information collected from California-based employees, job applicants, contractors, or similar individuals.
The California Consumer Privacy Act (the “CCPA”) affords those who reside in the State of California certain rights as a data subject. If you are a resident of the State of California, we encourage you to read and learn about those rights on your own, but the following will help you to begin to understand them:
- Access: You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your Personal Information.
- Erasure: In some cases, you may have the right to request that we erase your Personal Information in our possession.
- Data Portability: This allows you to request a copy of your Personal Information that we may have and transfer that information to someone else without any interference from us. In some cases, you may be able to request that we transfer your Personal Information directly to a third party on your behalf.
- The CCPA further provides California residents the right to direct us not to sell your personal information. WE DO NOT SELL YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights.
In addition, California’s “Shine the Light” law permits you to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
To make a request regarding any of these rights or to ask questions or provide comments about this Privacy Notice for California Residents, please contact us.
It is our policy to post any changes to this Privacy Notice on this page. We may or may not contact you directly concerning significant changes. We encourage you to visit this page periodically and check for changes. To the extent permitted by law, your continued use of our services after a change is deemed to be your consent to any such change.
9. For international residents:
TechStat is headquartered in the United States of America. It and its authorized processors may transfer your information to the United States of America and access it from the Unites States of America for the purposes described in this Policy. TechStat protects the privacy and security of Personal Information in the manner described in this Policy regardless of where it is collected, stored, accessed, or otherwise Processed.
10. Does this Policy ever change?
TechStat may post changes to this Policy on this page. Please refer to the “last updated” date above. We may or may not contact you directly concerning significant changes, and therefore we encourage you to visit this page periodically and check. By using our Service after a change to this Policy, you are deemed to consent to any changes.
11. What if I have questions?
If you have any questions about this Policy or our information security and data privacy practices generally, or if you wish to provide comments or exercise any of your rights with respect to your personal information as identified above, please contact us via email at email@example.com or at the below phone number and mailing address:
PO Box 1142
Ankeny, IA 50021